The Three Children – Presenting the cognitive behavioral model, according to which automatic thoughts influence emotions and behavior.
Board game, beginners’ stage – Game objective – The game enables a friendly dialogue between players who experience different events in the game and react to them, thereby allowing children to reveal their inner world in an indirect and fun manner. Suitable for initial sessions.
Board game, advanced stage – Game objective – In addition to the dialogue and the various components of the emotional experience in stage 2, we added the coping thoughts cards and body sensations. In addition, at the end, all participants may win more tokens by making connections between the cards; this allows you as therapists to examine whether the child has internalized what they have learned during the sessions.
- Allowing participants to recognize that the same event may evoke different emotions in different people, since what actually influences our emotion is our automatic thought – not the event itself.
- Developing empathy towards others and an understanding of social contexts.
“chain of emotions”- To recognize emotions that intertwine in several ways:
• Primary emotion and secondary emotion: when a person hides his/her emotion under another emotion (display sadness instead of anger).
• Emotion over emotion: When an emotion evokes another emotion. (Ashamed of being afraid)
• Mixed emotions: two emotions that come together.
Associating Emotion With Physical Sensation – Associating emotions and sensations, along with the observation that occasionally the same sensation may be associated with several emotions.